What is CE marking?
The letters "CE" are the abbreviation of French phrase "Conformité Européene" which literally means "European Conformity". CE involves a statement issued by the manufacturer, stating that the product complies with the basic criteria of the European Union - for example, the EMC Directive - with respect to safety, the environment, and the user's health. This statement is visibly represented on the product by the CE symbol.
CE Marking on a product indicates that the manufacturer has proven compliance against the applicable directives and standards published in the “Official Journal of European Union”.
By applying CE Marking on the product & issuing an “EU Declaration of Conformity” one assures his product to be sold freely in any part of the European Economic Area (EEA) irrespective of its country of origin.
CE conformity marking
· The CE conformity marking shall consist of the initials 'CE' in exact proportion.
· If the CE marking is reduced or enlarged the proportions must be respected.
· Where apparatus is the subject of other Directives covering other aspects and which also provide for the CE conformity marking, the latter shall indicate that the appliances are presumed to conform to those other Directives.
· However, where one or more of these Directives allow the manufacturer, during a transitional period, to choose which arrangements to apply, the CE marking shall indicate conformity only to the Directives applied by the manufacturer. In this case, particulars of the Directives applied must be given in the documents, notices or instructions required by the Directives and accompanying such apparatus.
· The various components of the CE marking must have substantially the same vertical dimension, which may not be less than 5 mm.
How to get a CE mark through ABC?
The manufacturer of the product bears the sole responsibility for declaring conformity with all requirements. You do not need a license to paste the CE tag on your product, however, ABC is working on:
- ensure conformity with all relevant EU-wide requirements
- determine whether you can assess your product by yourself or if you must involve a notified body
- put together a technical dossier documenting conformity
- draft and sign an EU declaration of conformity
ABC Certificaiton Can Provide this Service thropugh an Accredited Partner Certification Body